I have not been ignoring the awards that have been left for me. I’ve just been busy at work, which is usually when I do my blogging, so… Anyway, I’m taking a few minutes to do some thanks for the following rewards:
The way it works: save this image to add to your blog. Then you get to award 5 of your favorite blogs to share in the fun! Remember to link back to my blog and the ones you award. Then leave them a comment to let them know how to retrieve their award!
The next award is from Julie & Jacqueline (see this post for my original thanks and their links) for the “I Love Your Blog” award:
Next are two tags. First, from Judi @ Where the Road Takes Us:
Ok, I will at least try to participate as much as providing the seven things about me…
- I love onion rings, but hate raw onions.
- I have a strange fear of pointy/sharp things being anywhere near my eyes. Even indirectly pointed in my general direction, and I have to close my eyes and turn my head. It makes knitting socks very tricky. LOL
- Ironically, I can put eye drops and, contacts, when I used to wear them – into my eyes with no problems.
- I hate spiders (may have mentioned this before), but I don’t mind snakes. I find them fascinating.
- Peanut butter and pickle sandwiches are yummy. No I did not pick up the taste for them while I was pregnant, I tried it long before that and liked it.
- I lose enough hair when I wash it (every other day) that I could probably have enough hair to make a wig for a small doll in less than a month’s time. I am surprised I am not bald by now. But my hair IS thin.
- I sometimes only shower once over the weekend, usually on Sunday. And yes I still go out in public on Saturday.
And the other tag is an 8 Things tag, from Cinnamon @ My Name is Not Mom :
- Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
- People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.
- At the end of your blog post, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
- Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog
So here is my list…
- I forget things easily, so when I go shopping, I always have to have a list. And sometimes I still manage to forget something, even WITH the list.
- I remember faces before I remember names. So if someone from way back were to approach me, I would probably recognize their face, but I would most likely not remember their name. How embarassing is that?
- I used to be pretty good with watercolors in high school. I haven’t painted in years, though.
- One of my paintings was selected by one of my state’s Senators to go hang in the halls under the Capitol building for a year. That painting now hangs on the wall of our living room.
- I got to go to Washington D.C. with my mom & my art teacher to see my painting, along with several other students from across the country.
- Repetitive sounds annoy me – think pen clicking, barking dogs, habitual throat clearing.
- That is why I am glad I can wear headphones at work.
- The best part of my job is that I rarely, if ever, have to talk to any customers.
- The worst part is the 1+ hour one-way commute.
Ok, so that was nine things. You get a freebie!
I am going to be really lame due to how busy I am, and neglect to hand pick other blogs to pass these on to. Yeah, I know it’s not really in the spririt of having received them, but Ijust don’t have a lot of spare time while I’m at work ya know. 😉 So if you come across this post, and haven’t received one of these awards already – award it to yourself! 🙂 I won’t mind – just leave a comment if you do so I know you picked it up from my blog.